I’m headed back to VA for a work event; however, there’s NO way my family would let me slip in and out of town without A – staying with them and B – spending extra time with them. So, I’m extending my stay to see my family, catch up with some friends I haven’t seen in a LONG time, and maybe even catch the Cherry Blossom festival if it fits into the schedule.
I’ll be gone for 5 full days and the key is all about packing versatile pieces that can be dressed up for work and play or dressed down for a casual look. While I’m super excited that the weather is FINALLY breaking, I’m not soo excited for my seasonal allergies. Any who, as is the purpose of this series, take a look at what I’m packing and maybe it will give you an idea for your next “work/home balance” trip.
Here’s what I’m packing: 4 shirts, 1 dress, 1 blazer, 1 cardigan, 2 pairs of pants and 3 pairs of shoes ~ all in my LeSportsac Large Weekender Bag (a great pick up at TJ Maxx, but similar style here)!
- Tees (1 white – Mossimo brand from Target – love how affordable and soft their tanks and tees are! If you want a looser fit, I would recommend going up a size)
- Tanks (1 teal – Target)
- Michael Kors black sleeveless blouse
- Barney’s Co-op grey peplum top (on sale here)
- Piamita dress (last seen here)
- Black New York & Company blazer (old)
- Ivory wool cardigan (old, Target)
- Surface to Air “Jimmy’s trousers” (sample sale pick up, said sale referenced here)
- Current Jeans (sample sale pick up, but similar style here) I have to confess, I have practically LIVED in these jeans since I bought them, and if you don’t want to pay full price, I suggest perusing the sale rack at Nordstrom Rack, signing up for Haute Look or Gilt. They constantly have premium denim on sale and you can usually find some great deals.
- Franco Sarto red peep-toe pumps (old, but similar style here, here, or sexy Valentino version here)
- Surface to Air buckle red oxfords (from previously referenced sample sale, if you can’t tell it was a good one, lol)
- Nine West yellow pumps (old, but similar NW peep-toe version here, or Manolo Blahnik version here)
Day 0 (work/travel to VA)
- Grey pants, teal tank, ivory cardigan, yellow pumps
Day 1 (work)
- Grey pants, black blouse, black blazer, yellow pumps
Day 2 (work/home)
- Dress, red belt, oxfords
Day 3 (home/play)
- Jeans, white tee, yellow pumps (will add blazer and scarf for a cool night) OR
- Jeans, peplum top, red pumps
Day 4 (home/play)
- Dress, red pumps
Day 5 (work/travel to NY)
- Grey pants, white tee, black blazer, oxfords