As the oldest and only girl in my parent’s brood, gift giving is inherently my duty and responsibility. So, it’s only fair to say that after my many decades of coming up with idea after idea for mother’s days, birthdays, christmas’, and anniversaries the brain well has started to run dry. So, as a way to shake up my brain and think outside of the proverbial mother’s day gift box, I went to GOOGLE! And, what did I find? This great article on Mother-Daughter Weekend Getaways In The US. I think it’s an absolutely great idea, especially for a mother like mine! She’s in the house with all boys, all the time. So, a weekend escape with just the girls would be a welcomed change of pace!
Here are the 5 senses of sanity (that’s a little tongue twisting) the article appeals to:
1. To be pampered – head to Sedona, AZ
2. To wine & dine – head to Long Island, NY’s wine country
3. To just get away from it all – head to San Juan Islands (no, not Puerto Rico, but Washington state!)
4. For bright lights and big city – head to the capital of the midwest – Chicago, IL (yes, there is a big city in the middle of the US!)
5. For a little southern comfort and hospitality – head to Charleston, SC
“MOTHER’S DAY IS FAST APPROACHING YA’LL! START DUSTING OFF THE COBWEBS, PULLING OUT YOUR CREDIT CARDS AND CLICKING THE KEYS ON YOUR KEYBOARD! “