On my way home from my last business trip, the waiting area was exceptionally crowded and as any seasoned traveler does, you try to find an outlet to get your last jolts of electricity into all of your mobile and electronic devices before boarding your flight. Well, I found myself on the floor next to the water fountain of all places! It was literally the last outlet available that was within calling distance to my gate. So as I settled in on the hard floor, a gentleman sat next to me, well not directly next me, but near me, and asked if he could share the outlet. I said “of course”. But, what happened next is the reason for this post. He asked me if I would like to have a seat. Like I mentioned before, the waiting area was extremely crowded so this was a very generous gesture…
This was his seat – THE ZUCA FLYER TRAVELER. Tell me how cool is this?! Who needs airport seating when you travel with your own?
I’ve been on a lot of trips and through a lot of airports and I’ve seen a lot of luggage, but nothing like this. To say the least, it piqued my interest to learn more about the brand. He was introduced to the brand because his daughter, who is into ice skating, and had one of these for her skates and other equipment. He’s from Canada so you can imagine this is a big hit there. The company was started by a mother whose 10-year old daughter was starting to have severe back pain from carrying her school books. She figured that if her daughter was experiencing this others probably were as well. She did some research tapped into her engineer husband and voila Zuca was born.
I’m not going to go into the whole history, you can learn more on their site, but I thought it was an interesting story and that this was definitely an INTERESTING piece of luggage and pretty damn cool! If I had not just purchased a new carry-on a couple of months ago I would certainly be looking into this one. At the very least, I know where to go when mine has had it! After perusing the site, I would totally go for the Pro Traveler Version in Royal Purple/Silver (photos below).
Here are some cool and functional factors of this bag:
- IT’S CARRY-ON SIZE: total score in my book as I only carry on when I travel.
- IT ACTUALLY HAS A BUILT-IN SEAT: you never have to worry if there are seats in an airport because you’re already traveling with your own and you can purchase a seat cushion to make even more cozy.
- IT’S UNIQUE: for those of you who like to check your luggage or if you’re forced to check your luggage, you can pretty much rest assured that you’ll be able to find your bag easily.
- IT’S ORGANIZED: Here’s what’s included with the bag…
• 5 Color-coded Packing Pouches that stack like drawers [2 Red (5″ x 9.5″ x 10.5″), 1 Blue(3″ x 9.5″ x 10.5″), 1 Orange (2″ x 9.5″ x 10.5″),1 Green (3″ x 9.5″ x 8″)]
• 1 Clear TSAcompliant toiletry bag (1 quart)
• 1 Matching Travel Cover that adds protection if you decide to check it, and deters theft from your bag on the carousel
- IT’S VERSATILE: can be used for multiple purposes ~ business travel, personal travel, by makeup artists carrying around their supplies, stylists who need to be prepared with just about anything from extra undies to double-sided tape to a gazillion options for accessories.
DISCLAIMER: I am in no way affiliated with this brand or product. I simply saw someone with it in the airport and thought it was pretty cool and decided to check it out for myself and share it with others.
So, tell me what do you look for when choosing your luggage? What do you think about this bag? I know it’s not “fashionable” but it’s definitely functional.