I’m headed to our nation’s capitol for an event my company is throwing, which means I have to head down a couple of days early to make sure tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment shows up, is set up and works properly before the event. Yay, me!
As this will be a high profile event with executive level people from our company, customers and partners, I’m opting for a more conservative look than I might otherwise employ. To add to my packing list, I will be close to home, with my mom’s upcoming birthday so needless to say I will be moseying down I-66 to spend a few days at home and in our VA office.
Here’s what I’m taking for 7 days (of mostly work sprinkled with a little family time and play): 6 tops, 2 pairs of pants, 1 skirt that can also double as a dress, and 2 dresses (1 for work, 1 for play), 1 pair of heels, 2 pairs flat sandals, and 1 scarf.
As you’ll notice my items have a basic color theme for easy mixing and matching – grey, coral, pink/lilac, blue, white, and black with a splash of metallic. This helps me to keep my bag light and increases the liklihood of wearing EVERYTHING I packed.
Work Ensemble #1
- Calvin Klein Pleated A-Line Dress (this dress is from my Maxxinista days)
Work Ensembles #2 & #3
- Surface to Air grey pants
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Ruffle white button down (old, outlet pick up)
- Target V-neck tee (one day I might “splurge” on a T by Alexander Wang tee, but for now these will do)
- Lush Blazer (old)
- Via Spiga Patsy Sandals (on sale here) – Love these because of their versatility. Whether you’re a silver, gold or bold jewelry wearer these shoes go with anything!
- Mother jeans [These are a new favorite for me. I found this pair at Nordstrom Rack. They were a size bigger than what I normally wear so I had to the waist taken in but this are seriously the softest and one of the most comfortable pairs of jeans I own!]
- Mary Karantzou x Current Elliott Boarding Tee [had to get this tee, I mean it has passport and boarding stamps on it for goodness sake!]
- Barney’s Co-Op Peplum top
- Everlane V-neck Tee [loving this new brand I found. USA-based, online only, great for basics. I’m waiting for their Ryan tee’s to re-launch this August]
- DVF dress [sample sale pick up, but this one gives a similar feel]
- DV by Dolce Vita Archer (not pictured, but seen here and here)
- VS Maxi Skirt [If the mood or occasion strikes, I plan to hike up this skirt and make it double as a dress.]
- Levi’s sleeveless denim shirt
- Theodora & Callum Scarf (as seen on most of my travel posts like here and here) Also digging this Sir Alistair Rai (thanks Hitha for turning me on to this) and this Multi Chichen Itza Theodora & Callum one.
- Dolce Vita sandals (not pictured, but similar here)