This week felt very much like a series of moments, not necessarily interconnected but more like mini vignettes that made a larger picture. Not sure if I can really articulate the thoughts and feelings I’ve had this week – from the explosion in Harlem (my hearts and prayers go out to all those who have been impacted), to the daily meditation I’ve been doing where each 10-minute session had it’s own distinct “feeling”, to celebrating my 3-year work anniversary with pretty much a completely different team than I started with, to spending a few days with my family to celebrate my brother’s birthday and engaging in nightly family discussions.
Okay, now on to a few random links that caught my attention this week:
- THIS STORY reminds us that we can’t simply forget about the cause behind the explosion in Harlem; the city’s aging infrastructure is very real and dangerous.
- Have you ever had to run to a gate to make your flight? Next time, try SCOOTING.
- The YMCA’s not just for basketball anymore, they provide AFFORDABLE HOUSING as well.
- What’s the real cost to gentrification? The banter in this story is funny, but brings light to a serious issue.
- Why don’t black crack? Because eating collard greens gives you GORGEOUS SKIN, that’s why.
- Who’s your style icon? My guess, it’s probably not THIS PERSON.