The weather has finally warmed up in the northeast so my upcoming trip to Tampa doesn’t hold the same “I need to escape from the polar vortex” feel it held just a couple of weeks ago. However, it’s been awhile since I’ve been on a plane so I’m ready to take off and enjoy the “Sunshine State”. Even if it’s for work.
So, for this week’s links I decided to share a few of my favorite places to visit in Tampa:
- First and foremost, COLUMBIA RESTAURANT. No trip to Tampa is complete without having dinner at Florida’s Oldest Restaurant. From flamenco dancing to paella and savory sangria ~ you won’t be disappointed with this place!
- YBOR CITY, Tampa’s “Latin Quarter” is pretty much the only hip, cool part of town.
- Looking for a cute coffee shop by morning and bar by afternoon and night? Check out THE BRICKS OF YBOR. They have great sandwiches too!
- A favorites list isn’t complete without talking about where to shop, now is it? I typically avoid malls, but I haven’t found any cute boutiques in Tampa on previous trips, so the INTERNATIONAL PLAZA will have to do.
- If you need a break from the convention area scene ~ take the drive to Tampa’s only “boat up” beach. WHISKEY JOE’S BAREFOOT BAR screams remove all business attire and just relax!
This is by no means a comprehensive list of what Tampa has to offer. But, I have to be honest ~ Tampa isn’t exactly one of my favorite cities to visit.
If there are other places I need to check out that might change my opinion, please sound off in the comments! I’m always open to try something new.